ABOUT INTRINXEC MANAGEMENT INC.
IntrinXec Management Inc. is a leading association management company located in Minneapolis, Minn. We provide full service management, events, and consulting for tax-exempt trade associations and professional societies. Our clients range from small statewide organizations to international business trade groups, and we serve them in areas such as executive level staffing, strategic planning, meeting and conference management, publication management, graphic design, member services, financial management and much more.
CXPA EVENTS COORDINATOR
This position will be a full-time event coordinator working with the Customer Experience Professionals Association (CXPA). The Events Coordinator shall be responsible for the planning, organizing, management, administration, profitability and effectiveness of the various conferences, seminars, trade shows and special events conducted by CXPA. Tasks included in the successful management of those events will encompass, but shall not be limited to, the description that follows.
Overview of Duties:
- Oversees and controls all activities relating to client meetings, conventions, trade shows and special events.
- Serves as the primary liaison to speakers selected by volunteer committees or by staff, overseeing their travel needs, AV requirements, handout reproduction, obtaining their photograph and background information, confirming the time, date and content of their presentation, etc.
- Monitors and updates count and anticipated attendance of meetings and events, and communicates with client’s Executive Director, committee chair(s), speakers and conference facility.
- Monitors budgets for events and regularly communicates with Executive Director and/or volunteer committee chair(s) regarding status.
- Responsible for the delivery of adequate supplies of materials for programs to meetings (to include such things as handouts, badges, extra supplies, evaluation forms, brochures on upcoming events and activities, membership information, other handouts, and general registration desk supplies, etc.).
- Following the program, responsibilities include obtaining, reviewing, and approving speaker expense and honoraria submissions, composing thank-you letters, ordering and sending a gift if no honoraria is provided, and providing reports on the success of the meeting to the Executive Director and Committee Chair(s).
- Responsibilities include site visits, evaluation, negotiation, contract review and selection of conference facilities for client conferences; liaison with conference facilities for speaker needs, room set up, menu selection, food and beverage guarantees, billing, and all specifics of the meeting (including such details as set-up and location of registration desk, food functions, noise or distractions, exhibit floor plans, etc.).
- Serves as on-site liaison (or coordinates appropriate IntrinXec staff to serve as on-site liaison) to the conference facility seeing to attendees’ needs (location of restrooms, functions, all supplies provided) and speaker needs (room setup, test AV equipment, etc.) and distribution of handouts, evaluation forms and continuing education materials.
- Serves as liaison to the catering/banquet department for such details as menus, counts, guarantees, special needs, reserved tables, AV, etc.
- Responsible for selecting a program moderator, providing speaker introductions to volunteers, as well as information on the timing of sessions and breaks and location of luncheon or other food and beverage functions.
- Coordinates and attends meetings of staff and committees, when appropriate, to obtain a greater depth of understanding about the plans and programs of the client.
- It is critical that on-going effective communication be maintained with the managing member/executive director. Whenever possible, support should be provided in the form of written reports in advance of questions from members/committees, and prior to Committee meetings. Examples: updates on exhibits sold, sponsorships obtained, attendance at Committee meetings, speakers confirmed, advertising sold, etc.
General Duties Required by All IntrinXec Employees:
- Understands that the CUSTOMER (Members of the Associations) IS INTRINXEC’S PRIORITY.
- Understands and adheres to the Quality Customer Service Policy.
- Enters time into timesheets daily.
- Understands and adheres to IntrinXec’s Core Values.
- Originates, coordinates and maintains association documentation and reports, as required.
- Develops the knowledge base about the association’s issues to be able to converse on a high level with members and other parties outside the association.
- Demonstrates good judgment in investigating problems and making decisions. Does not allow internal company or client information to be passed on inappropriately.
- Works with other IntrinXec staff members, and creates, maintains and improves company relationships with association officials and members.
- Complies with company and association policies, and operates in an ethical and prudent manner.
- Maintains an appearance appropriate for the position and situation. Conducts himself/herself in a professional manner.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Minimum 3-5 years related working experience.
- Ability to work independently and provide support to team members.
- Familiarity or comfort in quickly learning new technologies.
- Friendly, courteous phone demeanor.
Last Revised: June 5, 2017
Job Title: Events Coordinator
Reports To: CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your resume and salary requirements to us.
We are proud to have been named one of Minnesota’s Top 100 Best Places to Work for 5 years in a row!! (2013-2017)