WHY CHOOSE THE AMC MODEL YOU ASK?
Association Management Companies are professional service firms that provide executive, administrative, and financial management; strategic planning; membership development; education and professional development; statistical research; meetings management; and marketing and communication services. AMCs serve as strategic advisors and consultants and provide management and headquarters services to thousands of international, national, regional, state and local organizations representing more than $3.4 billion in annual activity.
By partnering with IntrinXec, you will receive flexibility, efficiencies, experience and expertise that you cannot find with a small stand-alone staff. Here are just a few of the ways your organization will benefit by partnering with IntrinXec:
- Your leadership has access to staff members who are experts in various functions such as executive directors, database managers, membership development, meeting planning, communications, accounting, fundraising, and much more.
- Our services can be customized to meet your organization’s activity and service needs.
- We provide cost-effective solutions to personnel, equipment, facilities and other budget considerations.
- Working within a framework of shared resources, costs are shared across the board with other IntrinXec clients, increasing the resources and capabilities for an association that are often lower in total cost over having your own stand-alone resources.
- Elimination of liabilities and responsibilities of direct employment. According to Hugh Webster, partner with Webster, Chamberlain & Bean in Washington, D.C., insurance companies report that as many as 80 percent of all claims against nonprofits are employment-related.
- In partnering with an AMC, employment practice liabilities shift to the AMC and remove the liability from the nonprofit volunteers.
According to recent studies, AMC-managed organizations enjoyed the following benefits over standalone organizations:
- Higher net profitability ratios
- Higher operating efficiency ratios
- Lower operating risk ratios
- More diverse revenue profiles
- Higher percentages of revenue spent on meetings, trade shows and educational activities for their members; and
- A third less paid, on average, for staffing, occupancy and capital resources.
AMC Institute is recognized by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) as the developer of the AMC Standard. With more than 500 AMCs worldwide, the AMC/ ANSI Standard serves as the basis for the AMC Accreditation Program. In order for an AMC to become accredited, they are required to undergo an independent review by a third-party CPA. The importance of this independent review is to verify that the AMC actively follows and has policies and procedures in place to support all areas identified in the Accreditation Program.
Earning accreditation through the AMC Institute is an enormous accomplishment and demonstrates an AMC’s commitment to consistent, high quality service. It shows that an AMC has developed comprehensive quality control systems, giving assurance to volunteer leaders searching for the right AMC. IntrinXec is proud to be an AMC Institute Accredited firm since 2004.