Last Revised: January 7, 2019
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer
Reports To: CXPA Executive Committee
To Apply: Submit resumes and salary requirements to Jaime Nolan via email at email@example.com by January 31, 2019. No phone calls please.
The CXPA supports the professional development of its members and advances the field by providing shared best practices and education, developing standards, offering networking opportunities, promoting the industry, and creating a better understanding of the discipline of Customer Experience.
The CEO works in partnership with the Board of Directors to provide strategic and operational direction to the organization in collaboration with the association management company. The CEO serves as an experienced leader, a spokesperson for the association and an evangelist for customer experience. The position requires a strong combination of strategic thinking, program management and both external and internal communications effectiveness. With strong knowledge of the CX professional marketplace, this individual will have a roll-up-your sleeves approach to managing the association, collaborating with key stakeholders and supporting our members. This individual will have in-depth knowledge of developing and building strong partnerships with vendors, corporate sponsors and other associations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and acts as the spokesperson for the CXPA and is its primary contact to all constituencies interacting with the association.
- Expands and grows the organization globally. Achieves year-over-year revenue growth, creates annual budgets and meets the financial obligations as directed by the board in cooperation with the Association treasurer.
- Directs, in collaboration with the board, the development and execution of current and long-term strategic organizational goals and objectives.
- Establishes plans to achieve these goals and objectives as set by the board and works with staff to execute these plans.
- Manages a professional staff of individuals with specific responsibilities across several functions (membership, content, sponsorships, etc.).
- Identifies trends in the industry that impact the customer experience market as well as the CXPA. Identifies and builds senior level relationships with stakeholders and key allies within the industry.
- Oversees and manages the key drivers of member engagement including the digital experience, content generation, volunteer engagement and other key drivers of the association’s success.
- Promotes interest and participation in the Association to drive an increase in new membership as well as retention of existing members. Engages with audiences at industry conferences speaking formally on behalf of the Association.
- Aligns the needs and interests of the membership pursuant to the values, mission and bylaws of the CXPA as directed by the board.
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with key members and volunteers.
- Analyzes performance data to measure goal achievement; identifies variances and recommends solutions to address program improvements.
- Reporting to the CXPA Board of Directors, the CEO oversees operational, legal and association management company activities and issues.
- Full-time position.
- Passionate, engaged leader with ability to motivate staff, volunteers and industry stakeholders.
- Ten plus years of progressive experience in leading a diverse, global organization.
- Experience in customer experience strategy either as a practitioner, consultant or business partner in the industry.
- Extensive knowledge and passion for the customer experience industry.
- Prefer previous experience working with volunteer boards of directors.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree a plus.
- Excellent communicator and public speaker.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with experience building and leading business units or organizations in high-growth environments.
- Track record of execution and achievement – results orientation.
- Demonstrated experience as the public face and advocate of an organization.
- Financial acumen; business development experience and knowledge of global growth requirements, preferred.
Please submit your resume and salary requirements by January 31, 2019, to Jaime Nolan, CAE, CGT at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
The following outlines the high-level overview of our selection process:
- From the submitted resumes, qualified applicants will be identified and asked to submit a 90-second video answering a couple of questions.
- Semi-finalists selected from the video submissions will be invited to a live interview either in person or via video conference with CXPA leadership.
- Finalists from the live interviews will be required to participate in a job assessment conducted by a third-party organization.
- Following receipt of the assessment results, the final candidates will be invited to interview with the CXPA selection committee which includes both Board members and CXPA staff. These interviews may be in person or via video call.
Timeline on the above-referenced selection process will be determined by the quantity and quality of applicants received.