Last Revised: May 30, 2019
Job Title: Content Manager
Reports To: CXPA CEO
To Apply: Submit resumes and salary requirements to Shelly Losinski via email firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Founded in 2011, the Customer Experience Professionals Association is the premier global non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement and cultivation of the Customer Experience profession. The CXPA supports the professional development of its members and advances the field by providing shared best practices and education, developing standards, offering networking opportunities, promoting the industry, and creating a better understanding of the discipline of Customer Experience.
The Customer Experience Professionals Association (CXPA) is in search of a Content Manager to create and deliver knowledge content and tools for CXPA members and partners. The Content Manager will work cross-functionally with CXPA leadership, staff colleagues, members and partners to create accurate, relevant, timely and useful content that increases engagement in the CXPA and advances CX practice. The position will work with CX subject matter experts from the CXPA community and staff to ensure that CXPA continues to be a trusted, independent source on CX topics. Ideally, the Content Manager will work from CXPA’s Minneapolis office, but strong applicants with a track record of working remotely will be considered for this full-time role.
This position will be a full-time employee of IntrinXec Management Inc., and dedicated solely to our client, CXPA. IntrinXec Management is a leading association management company located in Minneapolis, Minn. We provide full-service management, events, and consulting for tax-exempt trade associations and professional societies. Our clients range from small statewide organizations to international business trade groups, and we serve them in areas such as executive level staffing, strategic planning, meeting and conference management, publication management, graphic design, member services, financial management and much more.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Content Curation and Creation (50%)
- Creation and curation of content on relevant CX topics including:
- Articles, statistics and content that document the value of CX
- CX thought leadership
- Content related to the CCXP content domains
- White paper discussion packages
- CX career development
- Profiles of CXPA leaders, members and partners
- Lead CXPA’s Innovation Awards program
- Curation of contributed content
- Collaboration to leverage and reuse knowledge sources for related content needs
- Development of content for sales and/or licensing
Content Collection Management and Classification (20%)
- Create and manage a content calendar for the organization
- Tag content and enter into content management system
- Secure and maintain intellectual property and licensing where needed
Engagement of CXPA members in content creation, review and classification (20%)
- Create clear avenues for CXPA members to contribute content or content needs
- Leverage CXPA members to ensure content relevance, resonance and validity of CXPA content and content classification
- Ensure that content honors CXPA values and policies
- Collaborate with marketing and other CXPA staff to support CXPA communications, including weekly bulletin, newsletters, and content marketing
- Support to other CXPA staff
- Support other CXPA communication efforts
- Other activities as assigned
Success of the position will be measured through: key performance indicators, program growth and member satisfaction.
- Undergraduate degree in Journalism, Knowledge Management, Liberal Arts, Business, Communications or related field
- Demonstrated interest in or experience in CX desired
- 3 years’ experience in a content management position
- Professional or volunteer experience at an association, nonprofit or membership-based organization desired
- Knowledge of systems including Microsoft products and videoconferencing
- Experience with a content management system preferred
- Strong writing and interviewing skills,
- Well organized with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated customer service orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder engagement skills
- Strong meeting facilitator and consensus builder
- Ability to travel (up to 25% of time)
Submit resumes and salary requirements to Shelly Losinski via email email@example.com. No phone calls please.
The following outlines the high-level overview of our selection process:
- From the submitted resumes, qualified applicants will be identified and asked to submit a 90-second video answering a couple of questions.
- Semi-finalists selected from the video submissions will be invited to a live interview either in person or via video conference with CXPA management.
- Finalists from the first live interviews will be invited for an additional interview with the CXPA Chief Executive Officer.
Timeline on the above-referenced selection process will be determined by the quantity and quality of applicants received.