Last Revised: April 18, 2017
Job Title: Senior Account Executive; Executive Director, Minnesota Precision Manufacturing Association (MPMA)
Reports To: Jaime Nolan, CEO & MPMA Executive Committee
FLSA Status: Exempt
IntrinXec Management Inc. is a leading association management company located in Minneapolis, Minn. We provide full service management, events, and consulting for tax-exempt trade associations and professional societies. Our clients range from small statewide organizations to international business trade groups, and we serve them in areas such as executive level staffing, strategic planning, meeting and conference management, publication management, graphic design, member services, financial management and much more.
The Senior Account Executive proactively communicates with clients, both remotely and in-person. This position will be the Executive Director for the Minnesota Precision Manufacturing Association (MPMA). This position will work with and oversee the client management team in completing duties for the Association. Duties below are commonly requested of the Senior Account Executive. All work is at the directive of the client Board of Directors and may vary slightly from the duties listed below.
- Assures that the Board, Executive Committee and appropriate committee chairs are kept fully informed on the conditions and operations of the association, and on all important factors influencing the organization.
- Participates in all meetings of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee, in person and by teleconference. Executes all decisions of the Board.
- Assists the Board in the development and execution of the strategic plan.
- Oversees the coordination of all events, including site selection, speakers and topics, on-site management and finances. (Planning and execution handled by program manager).
- Plans, formulates, and recommends for the approval of the Board, policies and programs which will further the objectives of the association.
- Promotes interest and active participation in the association’s activities on the part of the membership and committees, and reports on activities to the Board as appropriate.
- In cooperation with the accountant, treasurer and/or finance committee, recommends, monitors and operates within an annual budget. Works with the accountant to ensure timely and effective financial reports.
- Provides business management of the associations’ publications, including journals, newsletters, brochures and directories.
- Plans, organizes, and directs membership promotion and retention programs, evaluates results and recommends policies, procedures and actions to achieve membership goals.
- Is responsible for the planning, promotion, and administration of all official meetings of the association including serving as the emcee.
- Demonstrates initiative and eagerness to learn about the industry or profession and the issues of concern to members.
- Builds and maintains relationships with members, affiliates and vendors, other industry associations, schools, etc.
- Understands the resources available to implement the association’s goals and program of work and the services for which the association has contracted.
- Seeks to continually upgrade skills and knowledge for the effective management of the association.*ABOUT THE MINNESOTA PRECISION MANUFACTURING ASSOCIATION*
Established in 1955, the Minnesota Precision Manufacturing Association (MPMA) is the leading voice for manufacturing companies in Minnesota. With over 330 company members statewide, MPMA serves as a voice on legislative issues for Minnesota manufacturers; works to promote careers in manufacturing and addressing the skills gap affecting the workforce pipeline; and provides educational and networking opportunities for Minnesota’s manufacturers to remain competitive and thrive in Minnesota. For more information, visit www.mpma.com
Key Areas of Focus for MPMA:
The successful candidate will accelerate the following strategic initiatives of the association with metrics to demonstrate at agreed upon milestones:
- Be the trusted and recognized voice in government affairs on matters of concern to our industry and members.
- Work with our lobbyist to identify key areas of legislation
- Develop and execute a successful grassroots lobbying campaign within the membership
- Grow the number of qualified workers in the precision manufacturing industry.
- Build upon existing community and state partnerships
- Identify and establish other opportunities for the association to drive an increase in the skilled labor pool
- Serve as the voice and valuable resource for manufacturers in Minnesota, evident through the following areas:
- Membership growth and retention
- Level of membership engagement
- Sponsorship support, retention and growth
- Financial sustainability
- Media exposure
Key Attributes of Successful Candidate:
- Interpersonal skills
- Engaging speaking and presentation skills
- Financial acumen
- Not required, but preference will be given to candidates with basic understanding of manufacturing industry and key issues that challenge Minnesota manufacturers.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with the ability to empower, engage and motivate a team of employees and/or volunteers for successful execution and completion of tasks.
- Ability to be strategic in thinking and processes, ensuring that the organization is looking at opportunities to grow and prosper, moving its strategic plan forward, and not getting caught up in details or historical practices for the sake of comfort.
- Desire and interest in continuous improvement and ongoing professional development; recognizing the importance of understanding and being current on the latest trends and developments in both association management and the industry in which the account executive is serving.
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
- Minimum of 5 years in association management desired; CAE credential preferred.
Interested candidates must submit their resume and salary requirements here.