Association Management Companies are professional service firms that provide executive, administrative, and financial management; strategic planning; membership development; education and professional development; statistical research; meetings management; and marketing and communication services. AMCs serve as strategic advisors and consultants and provide management and headquarters services to thousands of international, national, regional, state and local organizations representing more than $3.4 billion in annual activity.
What are the benefits of Partnering with an AMC vs. Stand-Alone Staff?
By partnering with IntrinXec, you will receive flexibility, efficiencies, experience and expertise that you cannot find with a small stand-alone staff. Here are just a few of the ways your organization will benefit by partnering with IntrinXec:
- Your leadership has access to staff members who are experts in various functions such as executive directors, database managers, membership development, meeting planning, communications, accounting, fundraising, and much more.
- Our services can be customized to meet your organization’s activity and service needs.
- We provide cost-effective solutions to personnel, equipment, facilities and other budget considerations.
- Working within a framework of shared resources, costs are shared across the board with other IntrinXec clients, increasing the resources and capabilities for an association that are often lower in total cost over having your own stand-alone resources.
- Elimination of liabilities and responsibilities of direct employment. According to Hugh Webster, partner with Webster, Chamberlain & Bean in Washington, D.C., insurance companies report that as many as 80 percent of all claims against nonprofits are employment-related.
- In partnering with an AMC, employment practice liabilities shift to the AMC and remove the liability from the nonprofit volunteers.
What are the Tangible Benefits to Hiring and AMC?
According to recent studies, AMC-managed organizations enjoyed the following benefits over standalone organizations:
- Higher net profitability ratios
- Higher operating efficiency ratios
- Lower operating risk ratios
- More diverse revenue profiles
- Higher percentages of revenue spent on meetings, trade shows and educational activities for their members; and
- A third less paid, on average, for staffing, occupancy and capital resources.
What is the AMC Institute Accreditation?
AMC Institute is recognized by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) as the developer of the AMC Standard. With more than 500 AMCs worldwide, the AMC/ ANSI Standard serves as the basis for the AMC Accreditation Program. In order for an AMC to become accredited, they are required to undergo an independent review by a third-party CPA. The importance of this independent review is to verify that the AMC actively follows and has policies and procedures in place to support all areas identified in the Accreditation Program.
Earning accreditation through the AMC Institute is an enormous accomplishment and demonstrates an AMC’s commitment to consistent, high quality service. It shows that an AMC has developed comprehensive quality control systems, giving assurance to volunteer leaders searching for the right AMC. IntrinXec is proud to be an AMC Institute Accredited firm since 2004.
IntrinXec Management, Inc. is proud to be AMCI accredited. Learn more about what that means for your association.
What our clients have to say:
“Thank you for all that you’re doing to help support our organization. In the 33 years that I’ve been involved with the organization, I feel we have the best support and organizational help that we’ve ever had. It’s comforting and reassuring to know we have the necessary support to stabilize and grow our organization.”
“IntrinXec has clearly made PTRA a stronger organization. IntrinXec has provided the significant foundation required to be a strong association. The team has done an outstanding job making PTRA relevant and allowed our organization to accelerate.”
“Just wanted to let you know how pleased we are with the work IntrinXec’s team put in on the MasterGraphics’ industry profile. They took very good care of us and addressed all of our concerns and questions in a timely and professional manner. The final pdf exceeded our expectations, and we plan on using it as a leave behind and as part of our media kits. Thank you.”
“IntrinXec’s team has been a valuable resource to connect all the dots with our organization and provide guidance with the various moving parts and pieces.”
“Just wanted you to know that you did a great job on the Annual Meeting. I’ve been to a lot of those, and this one was the best ever. Everything was first class, well organized, and the flow of the meeting went really well — not easy with such a full agenda. Our trade association is super lucky to have your team as partners.”
“Phenomenal partners. Committed to mutual health of all. Excellent nonprofit experience.”
“IntrinXec is very well organized and understanding of how to run our association. We turn to them for guidance, and I feel they always have our best interests in mind on the best ways to move forward.”
“I just want to let you know how pleased IIDA Northland is with the service from IntrinXec. You all have been amazing to work with and have been so instrumental in the growth and success of our chapter. Your staff has been SO valuable at our meetings and add immense value to our Board. Your service is exceptional and we are so thankful.”
“IntrinXec has been the backbone behind our annual statewide conference, which draws over 300 people. IntrinXec’s support has been a key ingredient in making our conference a successful, in-demand event each year. Because of their role, we are free to focus on developing excellent content and recruiting exceptional speakers. We feel very fortunate to have found such a valuable partner in IntrinXec!”
“I have developed a real appreciation for the level of dedication and personal investment [your team] has made in the success of our association. The support [your team] provides to me and the other Board members have contributed significantly to our growth and sound financial position. They are a true partner and an asset to our organization.”